Since am a home maker I wish to explore with new foods every now and then, my daughter is 7 years old and she loves to eat varieties of dosa so I keep exploring at it. Ok last night I made egg dosa my husband is one huge lover of egg dosa it fills your tummy so fast within few servings.He actually requested me to cook tomato dosa for morning breakfast and it’s a very simple task.
“Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum, and vitamin K. They are also a very good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E, and phosphorus.”
Tomatoes (medium sized ripe ones) -2
Green chillies – 1-2
Jeera/cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Dry grind jeera first coarsely, then add ginger, green chilli and grind to a fine paste adding little salt(dosa batter already has salt in it)
• Take Tomatoes based on the batter and chop it to medium sized pieces.
• Lit the burner, place a pan over it and smear oil all over.
• Take a ladle full of this dosa batter and spread it all over the pan/tawa.
• Add mediumly chopped tomatoes and sauté it for a minute.
• Add Cashews (Optional) and sauté it further.
• Top the dosa batter with tomato mixture and finely chopped coriander leaves.
• This should be thick and the thickness should be close to pan cake.
• Take a tea spoon of oil and drizzle it on all sides and allow it to cook until the other side turns crisp & golden brown in color.
• Flip the partially cooked dosa to the other side and allow it to cook.
• Take out the dosa and serve it immediately before it loses its crispness.
I must definitely say this, everyone at my place enjoyed this mouth watering Tomato dosa with fiery hot chutney and a little sour green leaf chutney. It was a tiring day for me as I had to cook the breakfast and run to my work. I packed the same tomato dosa for all the 3 of us for lunch. Ok guys, bye see you until next post.